Friday 25 May 2012

Got a comment on my webpage in Spanish, which I do not understand... but my webmaster tried to translate it for me, turns out he doesn't speak Spanish either. at any rate, it may seem that someone thinks I have issues with God or depression or both and to that I can answer NO! I actually don't have issues with either one of those things, I am not depressed and I am not angry at God because I don't believe there is one true god. I think the whole thought of it is bollix and ridiculous. I was born and raised Irish Catholic so I have plenty of first hand knowledge when it comes to religion.

I believe that people throughout time have needed something bigger than themselves to believe in and fear and blame instead of taking the responsibility of the earth actually being in their hands. Molecules, atoms, the building blocks of our existence, evolution, birth, death, natural disaster... Trying to tell me that any natural disaster is Gods punishment is useless. The earth is pissed off because we keep building and spoiling and destroying our home that is slowly but surely becoming unsafe for humans seeing as we are in fact frail beings of immense intellect that we just don't fucking use.

My writings are not about religion or Christianity or any of that non sense, but the fact that some of these questions come up in my stories are inevitable. They are my stories, so obviously they must obtain my views and my criticism towards whatever I am writing about...but I have no anger or issues with god or whatever one chooses to call it...I simply just don't believe something because it's written in a book, that's been rewritten a dozen times by man.

No comments:

Post a Comment