Sunday 6 May 2012

I was out and about last night, supposed to go out for a coffee but ended up with a beer in my hand at the Studentpub in Bergen, Norway called Kvarteret. In the cafĂ© there was a poetry reading and usually I wouldn't sit and listen because I find it extremely pretentious but then my webmaster had an idea of me going up to the mic and reading one of my darkest stories just to give them a theoretical kick in the nuts. Then for the first time I noticed a bit of stage fright. Which seems ridiculous as I am often on stage talking seeing as I am one of the two founders of Dr.Sketchy's Anti-Art School (which is a burlesque art session where anyone above 20 years old can bring drawing/painting/sketching equipment and draw live models. We have a session every-other month in Garage) in Bergen! Then it dawned on me that when it comes to my own writings I am very shy... I need to work on that so I have given myself the task of "crashing" a pretentious student poetry reading the next time I have a chance to. Which wont be a problem because I do bring my notebook everywhere I go just incase I get an idea. 


So bottom line; I SHALL OVERCOME MY FEAR OF READING MY STORIES OUT LOUD TO STRANGERS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment